Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tea Time: Calming Tea



Calming Tea


Reviewed by: BecTea
Type of tea
Herbal, loose-leaf
Flavor aspects and Aroma
Flavor aspects: Floral
Aroma: Neutral/ slightly earthy
Where I got it
Truly Unique in Wilson, NC
Cost
$1.50 an ounce
How I brewed it
Just boiling water over a cotton tea bag filled with 1 tsp of the tea blend, steeped for 10 minutes. I added about a Tbs of honey to a large mug of tea.
Rebrewing notes
Did not rebrew.
Review
This tea is advertised as "a daytime relaxing refreshment to take you from your hectic day." It is caffeine free. It has a strong hibiscus flavor and wonderful, rich hibiscus red color. In addition to the hibiscus, it contains rose petals, chamomile, red clover, ginger, and stevia leaf.
I generally brew herbal teas for 10 minutes to access any root flavors, but this tea did not need that, even with a root ingredient. Since I brewed it strong, I added honey to ease up on the hibiscus' potency.
Overall, it's nice, and the hibiscus is such an under-used ingredient that this is a nice change for your afternoon cuppa.


Reviewed by:

No second review yet.
Type of tea Aroma
Where I got it Cost
How I brewed it Rebrewing notes
Review





(Learning to Like Tea Part 1Part 2Part 3, Guest Post: Types of Tea, Guest post: Getting the Best Cup of Tea)

No comments:

Post a Comment